Life101 are life skills experts. We are the leading provider of life skills programmes in Aotearoa’s prisons and probation centres.
Our comprehensive life skills education sets people up to build stable, successful and happy lives for themselves, their kids and their whānau.
The first Life101 programme in prison was run at Auckland Prison in Pareremoremo in 2013.
Since then, we have grown to work in more than 16 prisons and probation centres across the country.
Who We’ve Worked With
Life101 is grateful to have worked in the following prisons: Northland, Paremoremo, Mt Eden and Wiri Women’s Prison.
As well as the following probation centres: Panmure, Mt Eden, New Lynn, North Shore, Henderson, Mangere, Manurewa, Manukau, Whangarei, Kaikohe, Kaitaia and Dunedin probation centre.
People who have taken a Life101 programme in prison or on probation
Programmes Life101 has delivered in prisons and probation centres
Prisons and probation centres Life101 has worked in
Finding hope in looking forward
We appreciate the unique challenges people face in the prison environment. Our facilitators meet participants where they’re at, with no judgement. During our programmes we have normal conversations, share stories, and celebrate success. We harness participants’ potential to make positive changes in their lives.
Through completing our programmes, participants achieve many tangible outcomes including:
- Tailored C.V.s
- Job interview preparation and simulations
- Setting up a Kiwisaver account
- How to apply for an IRD number online
- How to apply for a driver’s license
- How to open a bank account
- Personalised savings techniques
- Personalised budgets
- How to teach your children about money, including good saving habits
- How to invest in the share market
- How to start your own business
- Knowledge of your personality type/psychometric testing
- Better emotional intelligence and conscious communication skills
- How to deal with difficult emotions, like anger, frustration, guilt
- Mindfulness techniques
- Forgiving yourself
- How to give back
Download our Programme Information Sheets Below!
We measure our impact
Evaluation is important to us. We use feedback forms to collect information about our programmes. Our before and after surveys allow us to examine and analyse how much participants have learned.
Through developing the Life101 logic model we were able to identify the most significant change our programmes have on participants:
- Increased employment opportunities
- Reconnecting with friends and whānau
- Empowered to make positive change
- Whānau that are thriving
Hear the feedback first-hand
Participant from Northland Prison talking about what he learnt during the Foundations101 programme.
Participant from Northland Prison talking about what he learnt during the Futures202 Programme.
Participant from Northland Prison talking about what he learnt during the Foundations101 Programme.